The level check process has two steps:
- The level check questionnaire — before the event
- A level check class* — during the event
Newcomers Special – Purple Track
Blue | Green | Yellow | Orange Tracks
AFTER you are done with registration.
We will use your answers from the level check questionnaire below to assign you to a group for your Level Check Class. We will send you your Level Checks group a few days before the event. This may not be your final placement.
You will attend a Level Check Class on Saturday early afternoon. The SATS audition team will determine your track group after they evaluate your dancing during those classes. We will do our best to place you with dancers of similar level.
Our audition staff will evaluate your dancing based on your submitted videos, compared to other attendees auditioning for this track. If you do not make the cut, you will be placed in the level check group we think is best for you.
You will need to upload videos to YouTube as unlisted and then fill out this form. Deadline to submit videos is February 1st, 2024 midnight.
This can happen as we need to balance the level check classes to avoid having many dancers out of rotation. You may end up in the same track eventually. We use your answers as an indicator but you are all different dancers.
There will be an appeal process, if you think you were not placed in the leveled track that’s best for you.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Dancers in each level will be on a range, you may be at the top of the range.
- Dancing require a wide variety of skills, you may be great at some but not as great at others.
- Instructors often teach the same material to multiple tracks.
- You are not the best assessor of your dancing level.
- Whatever track you end up in, there will be material for you to learn and practice, therefore you should do your best to get the most out of it.
Your track placement depends on who signs up for leveled track classes, so we will not ask what track you think you belong in in the questionnaire.