Newcomers Special Track
Full Weekend Tracks
AFTER you are done with registration.
We will use your answers from the level check questionnaire below to assign you to a group for your Level Check Class. We will send you your Level Checks group one week before the event. This may not be your final placement.
You will attend a Level Check Class on Saturday early afternoon. The SATS audition team will determine your track group after they evaluate your dancing during those classes. We will do our best to place you with dancers of similar level.
There will be an appeal process, if you think you were not placed in the track that’s best for you.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Dancers in each level will be on a range, you may be at the top of the range.
- Dancing require a wide variety of skills, you may be great at some but not as great at others.
- Instructors often teach the same material to multiple tracks.
- You are not the best assessor of your dancing level.
- Whatever track you end up in, there will be material for you to learn and practice, therefore you should do your best to get the most out of it.
Your track placement depends on who signs up for track classes, so we will not ask what track you think you belong in in the questionnaire.